Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 227 and the Surpise Anniversary Dinner

Hey Bailey,
I'm so glad you got to spend the week with Jeff's family, I bet he was so refreshed by their company and encouragement. Plus I bet y'all had lots of fun! Last night I was invited to celebrate the 25th wedding anniversary of Alan and Melissa Gardenhire. Hannah arranged the whole thing, secretly inviting the Floyd family, who are very close with the Gardenhires. We ate dinner at Madden's in Bryan, and sat outside the Village Cafe for a bit just talking and enjoying each others company. It was so neat hearing how the success of their marriage was a complete testimony of God's faithful work in their lives; they are an amazing family and I've loved getting to know them. It made me so excited for you and Jeff and the journey you two are about to embark on. How great will it be to sit with y'all (and your children) one day, celebrating 25 wonderful years of pursuing the Lord together! I miss you dear friend, thinking of you and praying for you.
Love,
Jessie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment