Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 218 and Monkey Bread

Bailey Dearest,
I'd like you to meet the Gardenhire ladies. From your left is Amy, Hannah, me and their lovely mother, Melissa. Saturday afternoon Cale and I drove down to his hometown in Rockdale to spend the weekend with his family. While Cale and his dad were doing manly things outside after dinner (aka, working on his car) I asked if we could surprise them by making one the family's favorite breakfast treats, Monkey Bread. We all gathered round the kitchen island, and got our hands a little cinnamon-and-sugary so the dough could rise and be cooked in the morning. It was so much fun getting to spend more time with his family; by the time I went to bed my cheekbones hurt from smiling and laughing so much. I hope you get to meet them this semester, they've already been such an encouragement and blessing to me.
Hope all is well in the Sky Ranch world, may the Lord continue to give you strength and energy this last half of summer!

I miss you and love you,
Jessie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment