Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 206 and A Visit with Honest Abe


Bailey, you posted literally the day I left for the NEXT Conference.

Rachel, Cale, Jeremy, Eric, and I all loaded up in Chevy Trail Blazer and headed for Baltimore, Maryland a little over a week ago and it's hard to be back.
Everything about the trip was great, we had a blast on the road, (all 27 hours.) It was a great time of fellowship and intentional conversation and the men were such gentleman the whole week. At the conference, we heard Joshua Harris, CJ Mahaney, Kevin DeYoung, Mark Dever, DA Carson and Jeff Purswell speak on the basic doctrines of Christian faith. It was so good for me to dig deeper into God's Word and learn more about who He is. I learned too much to share, but it all points to the Gospel. I am sinner who deserves nothing but punishment, yet God drew me to Himself through Jesus Christ in order that I may receive His love and mercy and walk in freedom from sin! Oh what a sweet reminder I heard every day at NEXT!

At the end of the conference we visited Washington D.C., (and by visit I mean briskly walked.) We found a cheap two hour parking spot, and got to ride the Metro down to the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial, where we met good ol' Honest Abe. It was so fun snapping pictures along the way and enjoying the beautiful day at our nation's capitol.

I miss you Bailey, I hope we get to talk soon!

Jessie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment