Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 97 and Sharing the Gift

In light of the Christmas season, members of New Life partnered with First Baptist Bryan and other local churches to sort and distribute food to needy families in the area. Others had already packed the grocery bags with the food like pasta, canned veggies, peanut butter, canned meat etc... while we had the joyful yet strenuous task (Bailey and I will be sore come sunrise) of loading them all up in vans to be distributed. I was amazed at how long and hard we worked in our assembly line of sorts and barely made in a dent in the number of bags that still needed to be loaded up. What's even harder for me to think about, is despite the fact that these thousands of bags full of food will be given out, so many people still go without such luxuries.
I'm quite comfortable in the lifestyle I've been given. Yet often I wish for more clothes, a nicer car, more decorations in my house, etc...; it was quite a humbling experience to pass along grocery bag after grocery bag of small feasts for families who probably wish for healthy food for their kids, a warm coat for the winter, a house to decorate.
Thank you New Life for constantly challenging our ways of thinking; for encouraging us to become a young women who have a heart for serving the Lord by serving others.
Group Photo After Finishing Up
(I'm learning to play with textures on Photoshop...)

No comments:

Post a Comment