Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 94 and The "Christmas" Tree

In honor of the Christmas season, we decided to redecorate our Thankful Tree and turn it into a Christmas Tree.
The song by Amy Grant, Emmanuel, in all of it's 1992 glory was part of the inspiration of this tree. I was totally making fun of the song earlier this week, and Bailey was shocked to find me mocking one of her childhood favorites. I have to say now, that every time I hear this song it grows on me. And after watching the video on youtube, I can't help but snap my fingers, bop my head, sing along, and secretly wish I owned a banana yellow blazer like Amy.
The tree is now decorated with ornaments, each hand painted and inscribed with different names of Jesus we find meaningful.
Jesus Christ
*Emmanuel*
*Wonderful Counselor*
*Prince of Peace*
*Holy One*
*Atoning Sacrifice*
*Lamb of God
*The Word*
*The Vine*
*Savior*
*Bridegroom*
*Light of The World
*Son of Man*
*God Saves*
*The Way, The Truth, The Life*

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light, those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined... For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.
Isaiah 9: 2,6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment