Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 92 and Caroling for Compassion

Tonight, the Run for Compassion International Team at New Life hosted a caroling night in the Bacak's neighborhood. A sweet girl named Meredith, shared with us about the Child Survival Program as we drank wassail and snacked on ginger snaps. Then we braved the below freezing weather to ring doorbells, sing Christmas carols to the neighbors, and hand out information about this program.
We used to go caroling for my birthday parties when I was a kid (being a December baby,) and my last experience in 4th grade was all sorts of awkward. Needless to say, I was pretty apprehensive about the awkwardness (while Bailey was super cool as usual,) but with the little kids in front, every house(except for 2) greeted us with excitement. Everyone knows that "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." By the time we were finishing up, my nose was freezing, my toes were burning, and I was singing Silent Night and the First Noel without any inhibitions.
What a fun night in the presence of great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment