Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 85 and The Elephant Walk

November 24, 2009

I know little about A&M Traditions; the result of being raised by a Longhorn mother. But apparently the Senior Elephant Walk is a big deal. The juniors have a E-walk Tradition of their own, which is what we attempted to attend today.

It took a lot for me to muster up the ability to post this picture. The whole ordeal was a bit frustrating. We waited in line for about twenty minutes to get a picture with the elephants. I'd been on campus all morning, Bailey was ready to drive home for Thanksgiving, and the super crowded line had seriously only moved three feet. So we gave up on trying to get an official picture with them, I practically ran to get my tripod in the parking lot half a mile away (which in retrospect was a dumb idea anyway considering someone offered to take a picture for us) and we took our 365 shot that way.

When I got home and saw the five pics I had to choose from, I was so disappointed. In the ones with a great view of the elephants, at least one of us was blinking or it was super blurry or it was just awkward overall. In the ones that we all looked good in, a girl's backside was blocking much of the elephant.

Alas, sometimes, it's not about getting an amazing shot - this post merely serves to show our commitment to this project. Sometimes, you just gotta swallow your pride and not care so much about the picture quality. As Bailey says, this is life, and our purpose is to be as real as possible. Thanks and Gig'em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment