Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 82 and The Thankful Tree

Several of the families at our church started making thankful trees for Thanksgiving (click here for the Bacaks', here for the Hendricks', and here for the Dutys'.) My prayer as of late has been to have a consistent heart of praise and thankfulness, and as the Thanksgiving holiday nears, I thought it would be a great idea for Bailey and me to sponge off of their ideas and create one of our own. My sister, Jill, and dear friend, Jaclyn, came to visit today and helped put this together. I bought an old book and used the pages with Mod Podge to construct the tree and grass on this big piece of cardboard. This will be more of a season tree... (Jaclyn's brilliant idea;) we made fall-colored leaves and wrote a few of the many things we're thankful for; including, redemption, provision, morning time, sonic happy hours, family, community, etc... As the seasons change so will our tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment