Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 176 and Yard Work

One day I looked at our yard and noticed 5ft tall weeds growing in our flower bed. Let me just tell you, the were scary.

When we all went to get the supplies at Ace Hardware, the salespeople kept telling us "You have to get it by the root, or it will keep coming back."

I thought, what a great analogy to sin. Without realizing it, we can look over one day and realize that sin has taken over and become deeply rooted. We can fix the symptoms of the sin, make ourselves look good to our neighbors, but without letting the Lord clean us from the inside out, the sin will keep coming back.

"And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."
-Ezekiel 36:36

P.S. (Don't worry, we got all of our weeds by the root!).

No comments:

Post a Comment