Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 139 and No Impact Man

We read about this documentary on Heather's blog post.
She said that after her husband watched it, he "walked away deep in thought about life, what it looks like to live radically different from the world around us, the importance of community and how incredible it is to see anyone living out their convictions."
Intrigued, Bailey and I went to watch this movie with friends about a man who tried to live a life with little to no impact on the environment. No paper, no plastic, nothing not locally grown, no cars, no television, etc... for a year... A compost growing in his apartment, living by candlelight and growing closer with his family, developing an appreciation for the earth and for people and community. Though he may never recognize them, nor title them as such, it was awesome to see how this man "unearthed" so many God-centered truths in his year long project.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessie! I don't know if you remember me from ASC but I love your blog! It often puts a smile on my face :) I started my own blog on new years after spending too much time THINKING about starting one and then I tripped over your blog! Anyways, I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I enjoy your blog and I hope you're having a great day !

    --Katie McConnell
    kam0628.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete